Currently our TV stand is a bit of a mess. We also have a ginormous TV with a bike mounted on the wall beside it and that is where a lot of Jonathon's bike gear lives. But since we do spend a fair amount of time looking at the TV I would really love for it to be a gorgeous style space like any one of these pictures. Maybe one day!
1. Balance. I like this room because the art is off set and light in color and still symmetrical. The art is nice in this in the since that it shares a wall but doesn't compete with the TV, but allows enough of a distraction from the TV area. I also like the way that they added extra seating with the ghost chairs and pillows!
2. Monochromatic. This TV area is all very similar in color and the art is extremely similar in composition. The dark colors hide and distract from the TV more than the others which is nice.
3. Simple. I like that this TV area is all very low profile, clean and down right simple. A lamp, books, a tray and candles are a great and simple complement. But this is still styl;ed and better looking than just a TV with no styling.
4. Oversized. This would probably work best on a medium to smaller TV. But I like the oversized piece of art that is behind the TV and goes down in the middle. Plus the blue vases and flowers pay a great compliment to the piece of art and the books and bookends provide balance.
5. Reflective and Scale. This styling above while minimalist plays a great trick on scale with the console table being off centered and small and light it sort of tricks your eyes. Plus I like the creativity of the size of mirrors they placed. Although watching TV wile looking in the mirror might be odd but it is also a great way to add light and depth into your space!
This is how I think we will style our TV area. Obviously I have a bike that I have to work with but by adding more and working with the bike I think we can make our TV area a little more attractive and who can resist a fiddle fig tree? And in an attempt to be frugal I think Jonathon and I might do our own attempt at creating our own DIY abstract art! Maybe he will do one and I will do the other? And those cute little Antler Skulls are from White Faux Taxidermy it is a site that I am obsessed with!
How did you style your TV area? Tweet me a picture @rachey_linn I would love to see them!