I recently saw an article on articles of fashion that men should not take with them during their post grad years. While I agree with some to most of these, I feel it is pertinent that I put together my list of 5 articles of fashion men need to leave in college.
1. Wearing gym clothes all day without ever going to the gym or doing something remotely active. You are now a graduate from your school and it is time to welcome yourself to the time in your life where first impressions are even more important than Rush Week in college. As much as you think basketball shorts are comfortable for you, it is doubly uncomfortable for those who have to see your package.
2. Wristbands from the night before. As cool as you look showing off that you are of age and can drink, your boss won't necessarily care for your neon yellow paper band when you shake his hand. It isn't jewelry and it sure isn't a good impression.
3. Clever vulgar graphic tees. It might have been fun to show your buds that your were a part of Kappa Sigma Gamma (or KΣG), but let's try to show we have some maturity after graduating. There is always the infamous "I'd Tap That" keg t-shirt too.
4. Any article of clothing you altered. Don't take t-shirts you cut the sleeves off of. Especially if you tore the shirt down the sides so the shirt is more "breathable" during your work out. Also, your cut off shorts look better in the trash.
5. Putting off your purchase of dress shoes. I know you think you are fooling others with your all black New Balances or Pumas with your black dress slacks, but it just looks dumb.
Step up your game men, you are in the real world. If you are lucky enough to just sit around all day and still enjoy the empowerment of freedom you had in college, then good for you. If you don't, then act like you are meeting everyone for the first time and make the right impression.
What fashion faux pas did you leave behind? Which fashion faux pas are you still breaking?